Costs vary according to size and complexity of each job:
Your Move Manager is responsible for planning, scheduling and managing the details and leading the team assigned to your job.
Your free in-home assessment will provide you with an itemized estimate covering, right-sizing, organizing, packing, moving, unpacking and settling in. You can opt for any or all of the services based on your specific needs and wants.
In order to provide our clients the most efficient and economical move, we take the time to plan.
With great plans in place, moving and dispersing belongings (no longer needed or wanted) is quick and efficient.
Friendly Move Management offers the following services to help senior clients in the greater Portland area prepare for their move or simply to update your current home to improve safety and accessibility right where they are:
- Planning: Whether you are going to relocate, or age in place, a clearly understood goal makes working together easier and more efficient for everyone involved. A floor plan or 3-D space plan of your new or updated home is a great way to start. We also develop a calendar and project plan that maximizes our productivity for you.
- Organizing: Depending on how many years you have been in your home, bringing like items together for comparison and assessment can be an important step in your decision making process. We do not recommend downsizing randomly. It is important that you see your options before making the choice to keep, gift or donate.
- Downsizing: We believe that for most of our clients, choosing to live with fewer belongings can be a wonderfully freeing and positive experience. We will ask you questions to facilitate thinking through the process, making sure nothing routinely useful or clearly treasured is downsized inadvertently. In some cases, a new platform may allow you to keep things in a more space efficient way (i.e. digital-vs-4 drawer file cabinet).
- Sorting: Once the decions have been made about what you will be moving with you, or keeping, we will help you sort and prepare the remaining items for shipment to family and friends, for sale, or for donation.
- Packing: If you have made the decision to move, everything you are taking with you will be professionally wrapped and packed according to where they are to be unpacked. By moving fewer items and organizing for the unpack, your move will be quick and efficient and what you invest in preparation will be rewarded at the other end. We can also pack for shipment or donation when needed.
Arranging your belonging to ensure they are easily accessible and clearly visible for your pleasure is part of our job!