Based in Tigard, Oregon, we proudly serve the greater Portland area!
What is Senior Move Management?
Making the decision to move later in life is not easy and for many people "going it alone" is no longer an option.
That's okay! The capable team at Friendly Move Management is ready and waiting to help.
We know saying goodbye to a long loved home can be difficult.
That is why we focus on making sure everything you routinely use and clearly treasure is moved to your new home.
We are a full-service Senior Move Management company trained and certified by the
National Association of Senior Move Managers (NASMM) and are committed to making
downsizing and moving easy, efficient, and enjoyable for seniors and their families. We are
trained and experienced in space planning, packing, moving, unpacking and organizing, as
well as logistics and interior design.
Who are Senior Move Managers?
• Senior Move Managers provide a multi-faceted approach to the move process, from space planning in the beginning, to post-move support and advocacy.
• Senior Move Managers minimize the chaos and stress associated with moving by addressing all aspects of the move process. They will create and execute a seamless action plan, customized to the client's wishes.
• With the gentle and expert guidance of an experienced Senior Move Manager, older adults and families make key decisions without the emotional and physical distress that can hamper progress.
What are the benefits of using a NASMM member for Senior Move Management Services?
• NASMM members have expertise and resources that save money, reduce stress and produce quality results.
• NASMM members are reviewed for insurance and experience requirements and are required to take classes in Senior Move Management Safety and Ethics prior to acceptance.
• NASMM members participate in ongoing educational programs that reflect their commitment to professionalism and to working with older adults.
• NASMM members adhere to a Code of Ethics and Standards of Practice, and NASMM offers both members and consumers the support of NASMM’s Ethics Compliance Commission.
When is the best time to contact a Senior Move Manager?
Sooner is always better than later because moving is a big job, but anytime is the right time. Moves planned less than two weeks ahead of your move day usually cost our clients more.
Why should I hire a Senior Move Manager?
Whether downsizing in place or moving into a smaller home or community setting, you will want to focus on both the fit and function within your home. While every mover moves STUFF; Senior Move Managers settle wonderful PEOPLE into their homes safely, comfortably, and completely and that makes all the difference.
Before our team leaves, you will be comfortably settled into your new home.
Your beds will be made, cupboards organized, clocks set, and TV and computers connected.